Archives for June 2017
In June 2017, three new enthusiastic and talented alumni were welcomed onto the EIT Alumni Board, excited to build on the solid foundations created in 2016.
The Board of the EIT Alumni is made up of four members representing the four existing EIT Community Alumni associations, namely: EIT Digital Alumni, Climate-KIC Alumni Association, The CommUnity by InnoEnergy and EIT Health, supported by an EIT representative. In the near future, the alumni associations of EIT Raw Materials and EIT Food will also appoint a member from their own alumni board to represent them as part of the EIT Alumni Community.
The first EIT Alumni Board was created in May 2016 as a means of strengthening the EIT Alumni community, shaping its future, and fostering collaboration between the KIC alumni associations. Importantly, the EIT Alumni Community creates a real and effective link between the EIT and EIT Community students and innovators.
In its first year of operation, the role of the EIT Alumni Board has primarily been to create an effective governance structure for the community and to hold added-value activities for members. As this initial period comes to an end, the EIT Alumni Board can now focus on increasing levels of collaboration between the KIC Alumni groups, and work on building a strong community, which supports and enables its members.
The new Board for 2017
The new board members hope to bring a fresh burst of energy to the EIT Alumni Community and are excited to build on the strong foundations established by the previous board in 2016.
- Our new EIT Alumni president for 2017 is Falko Döring, Community Manager of the CommUnity by InnoEnergy
- Our new Vice-President is Esmee Kooijman, current Secretary of the Board of EIT Climate-KIC Alumni Association
- Our new Community Manager is Francesco Bonadiman, current President of the EIT Digital Alumni
- Our new EIT Representative is Laurent Roux, Entrepreneurship Officer at the EIT.
- Our Treasurer continues to be Antonio Martinez Millano, the EIT Health representative.
While the original board may leave big shoes to fill, our new board members are certainly up to the challenge!
Thank you to the previous Board
Of the original five board members , we say farewell to four of them:
- Our former President, Estefania Tapias (Climate-KIC Alumni Association),
- Our former Vice-President, Borce Stojkovski, (EIT Digital Alumni Association)
- Our former Treasurer, Claudio Geyken, (The CommUnity by InnoEnergy)
- Our initial EIT Representative, Nadja Dokter, Head of Strategy and Impact team
These initial Board members have put a great deal of time and effort into setting up the EIT Alumni Board and we would like to thank all of them for their great work and commitment to the EIT Alumni Community.
For more information on the new board members, check out our Board Page