9 March 2021 - Comments Off on Solve’s 2021 Global Challenges – with $1.5M in Funding – are OPEN!
The 2021 Global Challenges and Solve’s first US Challenge on Antiracist Technology are now open.
Anyone, anywhere can submit solutions for challenges and become part of the 2021 Solver class and access the more than $1.5 million in funding. Read on for more information on each Challenge and how you can apply!
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. It is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT’s innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact.
Solve was born out of the Office of the President of MIT in 2015, a natural offshoot of MIT’s mission to advance knowledge in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century.
Thanks to its partners, Solve has brokered commitments of over $40 million in funding and resource commitments for Solver teams and social entrepreneurs.
- Digital Inclusion - How can everyone have access to the digital economy?
- Equitable Classrooms - How can all young learners have access to quality, safe and equitable learning environments?
- Resilient Ecosystems - How can communities sustainably protect, manage, and restore their local ecosystems?
- Health Security & Pandemics Challenge - How can communities prepare for, detect, and respond to emerging pandemics and health security threats?
- Antiracist Technology In The Us - How can communities of color use technology to advance racial equity and access economic opportunity, health and safety?
- 2021 Indigenous Communities Fellowship - How can Native innovators in the US use traditional knowledge and technology to meet the social, environmental, and economic goals of their communities?
Prepare your application
Anyone, anywhere can submit a solution, and apply to become a Solver team to access the more than $1.5 million in funding by 16 June 2021. In addition to the application which has links to a number of resources, you can:
- Sign up for Solve’s MITx Course starting March 2: Business and Impact Planning for Social Enterprises where you can get learn to prepare your business and impact plan aligned with Solve’s application.
- Take the AI and Machine Learning for Social Impact Primer if you are using or are considering using AI and big data in your solution.
Published by: Lisa