8 February 2021 - Comments Off on Apply for the Social Innovation Tournament 2021!
The Social Innovation Tournament (SIT) recognises and supports the best European social entrepreneurs. It promotes innovative ideas and rewards initiatives that contribute to creating social, ethical or environmental impact.
To mark the tenth anniversary of the SIT, winning projects in the General Category and Special Category will be awarded a first or second prize of EUR 75 000 and EUR 30 000 respectively, and an Audience Choice Award of EUR 10 000. The prizes are awarded by a jury of specialists from the academic and business worlds. In 2021, the Audience Choice will be awarded by the public, based on their votes.
In 2021, the Special Category prizes will go to projects focusing on sustainable living. Two projects will be selected to attend INSEAD’s Social Entrepreneurship programme in Fontainebleau, France.
The tournament runs in two rounds. A Selection Committee comprised mainly of EIB Group experts in innovation, the environment, and other relevant disciplines selects 15 finalists. The finalists participate in:
- A tailor-made training programme (Mentoring Bootcamp, e-training on pitching, one-to-one coaching sessions, Rehearsal Bootcamp) to provide them with the necessary guidance to finalise their proposals and prepare them for the Final Event;
- The Final Event where all the finalists have to present and defend their project to a jury of social innovation specialists. In 2021, the Final Event will be held on 7 October in Lisbon, Portugal.
Finalists from all SIT editions become members of the Social Innovation Tournament Alumni Network. As members, they benefit from numerous training opportunities such as
- The Scaling Executive Programme, a full-time executive training course focused on scaling, pitching and engagement with investors;
- SITolarships, an innovation grants programme;
- Conferences around Europe to network with investors, venture philanthropists and foundations who can help their project to scale.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two webinars will take place to clarify questions around the application process. The first one will take place on Monday, 8 February 2021 17:00 (CET) and the second webinar will be held on Wednesday, 24 February 2021 12:00 (CET).
Additional information about the SIT can be found here:
Published by: Lisa